Aluminum coated type 2 CSP has been installed at thousands of sites over the past 50 years and many of these sites have been and are still being monitored for performance. Recent AK Steel research has indicated that 14 gage ALT2 CSP can achieve a 100-year service life when the environmental conditions have a pH of 5 to 9 and a resistivity greater than 1500 ohm-cm.
For more information download our Pipe Selection Guide found here.
The below is a map of the states that currently accept ALT2 coated pipe and plate in their specs.
By: Pacific Corrugated Pipe Company A large tilt-up Industrial Park located in Rancho Cucamonga, California required two large, multi-barrel retention systems to support the storm water management plan for this property. Both systems utilized fully-perforated 60” diameter 16 gage 5” x 1” Aluminized Type 2 corrugated steel pipe. The first system was a smaller 3-barrel […]
By: Contech Engineered Solutions The Thompson Middle School expansion was required as the School District shifted from a three school configuration to two. Civil Engineering firm Rettler Corp identified three areas of the site that could be used to meet the required detention storage volume of 6.10 Ac-Ft. Three options were analyzed: ponds, underground concrete […]
By: Southeast Culvert, Inc The Watermark Luxury Condo development in Cornelius, North Carolina is another example of how early collaboration between the project engineer, developer, and drainage manufacturer can reduce a project’s cost. Initially designed with a concrete vault for the underground detention system and RCP for the stormdrain pipe, the developer JMR Construction approached […]
By: Southeast Culvert In 2017, Racetrac Petroleum implemented a new company concept in Douglas County, GA known as a convenience stop (otherwise known as a truck stop). This site is located on Interstate 20 which runs from South Carolina to California. The sites are larger than the traditional gas stations so the stormwater treatment and […]
Studies, Resources & Marketing Materials
- The Measured Performance of Aluminized Type 2 Steel Pipe in Storm Sewer Applications in the North Georgia Region – A research project on the durability of Aluminized Steel Type 2 pipe installed in the metro Atlanta area has resulted in an outstanding report of the product’s performance.
- Durability of Aluminized Type 2 Corrugated Steel Pipe Exposed Throughout the United States – A report by Elzly Technology Corporation documenting the performance and environmental conditions of aluminized type 2 coated CSP in 11 states and parts of Canada.
- Service Life – ALT2 Field Reports
- EFFECTS OF GAGE ON PIPE DURABILITY: Based on 75 Years Minimum Service Life at 16 Gage – For Worst-Case Conditions Within The Recommended pH/Resistivity Ranges
- Meeting New Durability Standards and Expanding Environmental Limits with Corrugated Steel Pipe