Corrugated steel pipe and structural plate pipe offer designers a wide choice of standard cross-sectional arch shapes. Pipe arches are produced from round corrugated steel pipe by either applying and internal or external pressure to achieve the specified span and rise dimensions. Planned size and site conditions often impact the shape selected, with strength and economy as additional factors. Pipe arches are particularly useful for sites where headroom is limited and also have a hydraulic advantage at low flows.
The benefits of corrugated steel pipe arches include:
- Limited headroom conditions
- Improved hydraulic capacity at low flows
- Various span and rise configurations available
- Aesthetic shape and appearance
- Light weight construction
- Easy installation