Aluminum coated type 2 CSP has been installed at thousands of sites over the past 50 years and many of these sites have been and are still being monitored for performance. Recent AK Steel research has indicated that 14 gage ALT2 CSP can achieve a 100-year service life when the environmental conditions have a pH of 5 to 9 and a resistivity greater than 1500 ohm-cm.
For more information download our Pipe Selection Guide found here.
Studies, Resources & Marketing Materials
- The Measured Performance of Aluminized Type 2 Steel Pipe in Storm Sewer Applications in the North Georgia Region – A research project on the durability of Aluminized Steel Type 2 pipe installed in the metro Atlanta area has resulted in an outstanding report of the product’s performance.
- Durability of Aluminized Type 2 Corrugated Steel Pipe Exposed Throughout the United States – A report by Elzly Technology Corporation documenting the performance and environmental conditions of aluminized type 2 coated CSP in 11 states and parts of Canada.
- Service Life – ALT2 Field Reports
- EFFECTS OF GAGE ON PIPE DURABILITY: Based on 75 Years Minimum Service Life at 16 Gage – For Worst-Case Conditions Within The Recommended pH/Resistivity Ranges
- Meeting New Durability Standards and Expanding Environmental Limits with Corrugated Steel Pipe