The NCSPA Studies & Reports page is a vast resource full of information on corrugated steel pipe. Study topics range from the performance of aluminized type 2 steel pipe in storm sewer application to the service life evaluation of corrugated steel pipe. Happy reading!
Polymer Coated CSP
- Superior Abrasion Resistance of Polymer Coated Corrugated Steel Pipe – Superior Abrasion Resistance of Polymer Coated Steel Pipe – Over 40 years ago the corrugated steel pipe industry developed a polymer precoat protective film that significantly extends the service life of galvanized CSP and provides over a century long solution in as harsh as level 3 abrasive environments. Based on extensive experience, laboratory and field testing; polymer coated corrugated steel pipe has proven to be a strong, reliable, sustainable part of our nation’s infrastructure. Polymer coated corrugated steel pipe fabricated to meet specifications, which can be evidenced by qualification and routine quality assurance testing; has, can, and will provide not only value but the necessary service life performance under our great nation’s highways ensuring the safety of future generations.
- Long-Term Field Investigation of Polymer Coated Corrugated Steel Pipe – A report by Elzly Technology Corporation documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated CSP in 5 states (AR, LA, MI, NY, and WI) around the country.
- Field Performance Evaluation of Polymer Coated Pipe in MN – A report documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated CSP in the state of Minnesota of sites nearly 40 years old.
- Field Performance Evaluation of Polymer Coated Structures in NY – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated/asphalt paved CSP in New York state.
- Field Performance Evaluation of Polymer Coated Structures in WI – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated CSP in Wisconsin of sites up to 27 years old
Aluminized Type 2 (ALT2) CSP
- The Measured Performance of Aluminized Type 2 Steel Pipe in Storm Sewer Applications in the North Georgia Region – A research project on the durability of Aluminized Steel Type 2 pipe installed in the metro Atlanta area has resulted in an outstanding report of the product’s performance.
- Durability of Aluminized Type 2 Corrugated Steel Pipe Exposed Throughout the United States – A report by Elzly Technology Corporation documenting the performance and environmental conditions of aluminized type 2 coated CSP in 11 states and parts of Canada.
- Service Life – ALT2 Field Reports
Corrugated Steel Pipe
- New Approaches to CSP Service Life
- Case Studies
- Fact Sheets
- Invert Abrasion Testing of CSP Coatings – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the procedures and results of full scale abrasion simulation of various CSP coatings and pavings.
- Condition Survey of Corrugated Steel Pipe Detention Systems – A report by Parsons Brinkerhoff documenting the results of a visual condition survey of CSP detention systems, infiltration systems and sand filters in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
- Service Life Evaluation of Corrugated Steel Pipe – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the environmental conditions and metal loss and projecting service life of CSP detention/infiltration systems.
- Joint Testing – Research conducted under the auspices of the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) investigating the effects of longitudinal bending on culvert joints of three material types: corrugated steel (CSP), high density polyethylene (HDPE) and reinforced concrete pipes (RCP).