The NCSPA Studies & Reports page is a vast resource full of information on corrugated steel pipe. Study topics range from the performance of aluminized type 2 steel pipe in storm sewer application to the service life evaluation of corrugated steel pipe. Happy reading!
Polymer Coated CSP
- Results of Testing of Polymer Precoated Steel Sheet According to ASTM A742 – Over 50 years ago, the first plain galvanized corrugated steel pipe was coated with polymer laminate to boost performance and allow for use in more aggressive environments. Providing even greater resiliency to the most sustainable product on the market, steel. This report describes the testing that was conducted on eight coating systems of various zinc weights and polymer coating thickness in comparison to the Requirements for Polymer Coating (Section 7) of ASTM A742/A742M, Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Metallic Coated and Polymer Precoated for Corrugated Steel Pipe.
- Polymer Coated Structural Plate and Fastener Testing – Polymer coated corrugated steel structural plate has been developed as a more durable and resilient alternative to galvanized steel structural plate. Corrugated plate structures are assembled using threaded fasteners which also receive a polymer coating. This report describes testing performed to support the development of a new ASTM specification for polymer-coated corrugated steel structural plate.
- Superior Abrasion Resistance of Polymer Coated Corrugated Steel Pipe – Superior Abrasion Resistance of Polymer Coated Steel Pipe – Over 40 years ago the corrugated steel pipe industry developed a polymer precoat protective film that significantly extends the service life of galvanized CSP and provides over a century long solution in as harsh as level 3 abrasive environments. Based on extensive experience, laboratory and field testing; polymer coated corrugated steel pipe has proven to be a strong, reliable, sustainable part of our nation’s infrastructure. Polymer coated corrugated steel pipe fabricated to meet specifications, which can be evidenced by qualification and routine quality assurance testing; has, can, and will provide not only value but the necessary service life performance under our great nation’s highways ensuring the safety of future generations.
- Long-Term Field Investigation of Polymer Coated Corrugated Steel Pipe – A report by Elzly Technology Corporation documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated CSP in 5 states (AR, LA, MI, NY, and WI) around the country.
- Field Performance Evaluation of Polymer Coated Pipe in MN – A report documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated CSP in the state of Minnesota of sites nearly 40 years old.
- Field Performance Evaluation of Polymer Coated Structures in NY – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated/asphalt paved CSP in New York state.
- Field Performance Evaluation of Polymer Coated Structures in WI – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the performance and environmental conditions of polymer coated CSP in Wisconsin of sites up to 27 years old
Aluminized Type 2 (ALT2) CSP
- The Measured Performance of Aluminized Type 2 Steel Pipe in Storm Sewer Applications in the North Georgia Region – A research project on the durability of Aluminized Steel Type 2 pipe installed in the metro Atlanta area has resulted in an outstanding report of the product’s performance.
- Durability of Aluminized Type 2 Corrugated Steel Pipe Exposed Throughout the United States – A report by Elzly Technology Corporation documenting the performance and environmental conditions of aluminized type 2 coated CSP in 11 states and parts of Canada.
- Service Life – ALT2 Field Reports
Corrugated Steel Pipe
- New Approaches to CSP Service Life
- Case Studies
- Fact Sheets
- Invert Abrasion Testing of CSP Coatings – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the procedures and results of full scale abrasion simulation of various CSP coatings and pavings.
- Condition Survey of Corrugated Steel Pipe Detention Systems – A report by Parsons Brinkerhoff documenting the results of a visual condition survey of CSP detention systems, infiltration systems and sand filters in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
- Service Life Evaluation of Corrugated Steel Pipe – A report by Corrpro Companies, Inc. documenting the environmental conditions and metal loss and projecting service life of CSP detention/infiltration systems.
- Joint Testing – Research conducted under the auspices of the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) investigating the effects of longitudinal bending on culvert joints of three material types: corrugated steel (CSP), high density polyethylene (HDPE) and reinforced concrete pipes (RCP).